No, we do not hire babysitters all the time, it just seems like those make the best stories.
Today we had to go finalize our cabinet selections for the new place and knowing this was important (and knowing that last time we went with Blake our appointment time was virtually wasted because I was cleaning up kid messes, etc) I decided to hire a babysitter. Not the babysitter from yesterday....the babysitter from down the street- the one Blake called fat last time she was here, yes she actually came back.
I asked her to take him to the park and then figured they play a little and watch a bit of TV. The TV is what happened last time....we came home and the TV was on and they had watched 2 movies. This made me totally mad because I don't pay a babysitter to watch TV, but then my friend Adele pointed out that for $5/hour (we pay all our other sitters twice that much) who really cares what goes on as long as your kid is safe and your house is still standing when you get home. Point taken. So at least our house was still standing today and Blake was OK. No park, 4 hours worth of TV. Not great, but at least he didn't call her fat today. progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment